In the Jewish tradition of tikkun olam, “repairing the world,” recent Calah
Congregation-directed donations, gift cards and volunteer activities have
supported and continue to support the following local, national and worldwide
- DKMS Bone Marrow Drives – conducted on behalf of Fanconi Anemia
patients, but for all whose treatments require bone marrow matches
- Fanconi Anemia Research Fund – to find effective treatments and a cure
for this inherited blood-related disease that can cause bone marrow
failure and cancer.
- Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center – which provides 24-hour crisis intervention services, emergency and transitional shelter and community education.
- Howard County Food Bank – which provides emergency food relief to Howard County residents in need.
Beginning in 2015, Calah Congregation has conducted annual Yom Kippur Food Drives that have collected 1,380 lbs. of food and household goods to date.
- Jewish Federation of Howard County – which works to promote Jewish identity, involve and build Jewish community in Howard County and strengthen ties with the broader local community.
- Mazon – a nonprofit organization that advocates for and provides funding, training and resources for hunger relief.
Calah members can also direct tzedakah funds to Calah torah repairs and to the Calah Sunday School.
To learn about and contribute to the Calah Tzedakah Fund, visit here.
To learn about how the Calah Bone Marrow Drive helped save a life, visit here.
Phone: 410-730-2252 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Address: PO. Box 6956, Columbia MD 21045
Copyright @ Calah Congregation